Crafty Business

Yesterday, I went to the Urban Craft Uprising show in Seattle. It was such an awesome experience. I am kicking myself for not being able to use my camera to snap some shots of the booths. I temporarily lost my charger, I have a serious talent for misplacing things. The show was amazing. Vendors sold everything from amazing art prints, jewelry, pillows, bags, cupcakes, even handmade cosmetics and soap. It was awesome, I was seriously inspired. I purchased a beautiful pair of earrings from a woman that takes vintage buttons and jewels and reworks them into seriously funky awesome retro stuff. I also bought a journal that was made out of a recycled children's book. I had seen those all around Portland, but I guess they are just making their way to Seattle. ( Yet another reason that Portland is more awesome than Seattle.) My dad also bought about a bajillion vegan soaps in scents that range from lemon basil to grapefruit. My dad loves soap. So much. So much love for soap.




My earrings and journal. I will probably never take these earrings off.


Also, sneak peak! These are the fabrics I bought a week or so ago when I decided to start making bags again. It has not been an easy process, let me tell you. I have finished a couple, but they are no where near good enough to sell. I wouldn't feel right selling bags that have teeny errors in them, they have to be perfect. So for all that are interested, be patient! I am going to get more fabric today, I am excited about that! And my lovely, Isabel, one of my goals is to open an Etsy Shop one day, if I ever get my act together. PS, I miss you! :)

1 comment:

  1. "my dad loves soap"
    too funny. also, can't wait to see your bags!

    ReplyDelete