Good Ol' Country

I've recently become obsessed with Jack White's record company Third Man Records. My obsession started recently, after watching Stephen Colbert's 3 part interview with Jack White. It is hilarious, its on Hulu, check it out. I have been madly in love with Jack White for quite some time, but we won't get into that. The company, which resides in Nashville, is producing some of the best country/rock/bluegrass/singer songwriter stuff ever. Yet another reason I should visit Nashville. This kind of music is my all time favorite.




Some of the bands signed to Third Man Records include First Aid Kit, The Black Belles, Laura Marling, and Jack White's projects like The Dead Weather and The Raconteurs. Which I think y'all should check out. In fact, you should go to the website and check out all of the artists listed! One of my favorite duos signed to the label is the amazing team of Christ Thile & Michael Daves. They are super bluegrass twangy, all kinds of wonderful that I love. I need to find someone who likes bluegrass as much as I do, so far I feel pretty alone. Oh well!

Little Girl in Tennessee

1 comment:

  1. Hi, have you met my dad? his lifelong goal is to be in a bluegrass band or play in a bluegrass band.

    I LOVE THIS SONG! i am definitely going to send this to my dad, he will be in heaven!

    look at how fast their hands go!

    ReplyDelete