Rose Festival

The Rose Festival is here in Portland, and maaaaan is it awesome! We never had anything like this in Seattle. The festivities kicked off on Friday, with an epic firework show over the river. My friend Christian joked that it would be the perfect night to shoot someone, because the fireworks were so loud. He is normal. Along with the fireworks there was an awesome carnival, with all the great carnival rides. My favorite ride of all time is The Zipper, such a classic. Me and Madeline went on that, we were the only ones on the entire ride. We laughed and screamed and when we got off our heads felt funny.




This ride, let me tell you, I think I almost died. It was the main attraction at the festival, I overheard someone say it cost one million dollars just to get it to Portland. It was called Vertigo or something like that, and was basically just one of those classic swing rides, except for the fact that it was faster, higher (100 feet to be exact) and went over the Hawthorne Bridge and the river. Me and Madeline expected it to be relaxing, but we were basically paralyzed with fear. I couldn't even move my head I was so terrified. Good times.


THERE WAS ALSO A BABY TIGER THERE OH MY GOSH. Such a cutie. I wish I could of squished his little face and played with him all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment